- 2018-09-07What will render colleges obsolete?
The future of college is online. But how exactly? There are many open questions. New social experiences? Admissions? etc
- 2018-09-07The feedback loop that makes universities special
Visualizing the loops that support and reinforce the power of universities. Part of Examining Higher Education series.
- 2018-09-07Knowledge is only observable indirectly
Knowledge cannot be observed directly. Diplomas make checks easier, but never mistake them for actual knowledge.
- 2018-09-07Famous colleges are special clubs
College should be understood as a club. A kind of club that sells a bundle of content, social experience and badge.
- 2018-08-20Religion as a subtle mechanism for cooperation
What if religions were the cultural innovation that, millennia ago, made the rise of large, stable communities possible?